JEC Forum DACH
The JEC Forum DACH is organised by JEC Group, in partnership with the AVK, gathering the composite materials community from Germany, Austria and Switzerland. The event, is rotating every year in different cities of the DACH region, to promote the regional ecosystem of composites and enable closer connections with the local companies, research & development centers and applications sectors industries.
Organised for the first time in 2021 in Frankfurt, the 2022 edition has been held at Messe Augsburg. The third edition will be held in Salzbug on October 24 and 25, 2023.
The event focuses on three pillars :
- BUSINESS MEETINGS: The digital platform reserved for buyers and suppliers before the event enables to schedule one to one business meetings between buyers and suppliers from the whole value chain of composites.
- CONFERENCES : The program includes business conferences and market perspectives presented by the AVK. as well as workshops from suppliers, enabling them to present their products and solutions.
- INNOVATION : The prestigious AVK Awards and the JEC Composites Startup Booster competition will designate the best startups of the DACH Region.
Participation to the event is limited to 500 participants and subject to accreditation, enabling access to the digital matchmaking platform and to the event on site, including all conferences and networking events. Participants can register in one of the following categories:
- Buyers: Individuals who participate in the purchasing process of their company and who join the forum to meet new suppliers, learn about new products & technologies.
- Suppliers: Companies attending the forum to sell products and meet potential partners on their booth
- Guests: Individuals invited by suppliers, AVK or JEC Group. Guests with buyers’ profiles will be registered as buyers with the benefits described in the buyers’ section.
The number of guests will be limited to 30 persons. Guests will have limited access to the event.: Individuals invited by suppliers, AVK or JEC Group.
The digital platform available to all participants before the event enables to schedule one to one business meetings between buyers and suppliers from the whole value chain of composites, as well as informal networking during breaks, lunches and evening event.
- Save time and be efficient
- Identify the right suppliers and buyers
- Check when they are available for a meeting
- Request directly a meeting with them
- Enjoy the assistance of our teams, before, during and after the event
- Enjoy 2 full days of networking opportunities
The online business meetings platform opens before the event to allow you to prepare your meetings schedule.
For Suppliers: As of October 3rd, suppliers can register on the platform and describe their products & services offer.
For Buyers: As of October 3rd, buyers can register and specify what kind of products & services their are looking for.
- As of October 3rd: every participant access online to the profiles of the suppliers and buyers
- They select the profiles they want to meet and specify their availabilities
- They confirm or decline, according to their interests, the meeting requests received from other participants
- One week before the event, your business meetings schedules are sent.
Only registered buyers and suppliers can participate to the business meetings program.
After the event, you will receive a summary of your leads including:
- Approved business meetings request
- Contact details of the business meetings that could not be made due to lack of availability
Participate as an accredited buyer is the way to save time and benefit from efficient meetings at JEC Forum DACH. Our business meetings platform will help you:
- Identify your target suppliers
- Build your schedule and your visit, with meetings, conferences and networking
- Plan meetings with your target suppliers based on your both availabilities
- Attract new technologies & new suppliers by describing your challenges
As an accredited buyer, you will be entitled to benefit from:
- One hotel night offered by JEC on October 24th
- Full access to the event: conferences, business meetings, workshops, networking reception
- Food & beverage during the 2 days
- Subscription to the JEC Composites Magazine
- Proceedings of the conferences
- Discounts on JEC Composites Publications and AVK Market Surveys
- General managers, R&D and engineering managers, purchasing, procurement, materials and sourcing specialists from large groups,
- SMEs and start-ups from public and private laboratories, research centers, consultancy and engineering firms, distributors and more.
Please take notice that any registration to the JEC Forum DACH as a Buyer is submitted to accreditation by JEC.
To ensure a successful conduct of the event and a smooth and efficient operation of the business meetings activities, accredited Buyers must commit to attend at least 7 business meetings with suppliers they have selected.
In case of unforeseen unavailability to attend the event, the registered buyers should be in position to designate a colleague/representative to attend the business meetings.
JEC reserves the right to deny/cancel the accreditation of participants who do not follow the event code of conduct, in order to save time for buyers and suppliers participating to the business meetings activities.
In return for these free services, buyers agree to participate in a minimum of 7 business meetings with suppliers. Buyers also agree to be represented by a colleague if they are unable to attend the forum.
- Identify & connect with your target buyers prior to the event to set meetings
- Meet with the buyers of the DACH Region
- Develop your business
- Focus on your ROI with our all-inclusive, easy to operate offers
- Network with your peers
The suppliers packages include many services such as:
- A schedule of meetings with qualified buyers looking for new suppliers and with precise needs and projects
- A turnkey booth, easy to operate, enabling you to focus on the business meetings opportunities
- A company presentation in the online platform to present your products and services to the buyers
- The opportunity to present your company during a specific workshop, integrated in the event’s program
For your registered staff during the event as well as for your guests:
- Full access to the event’s content: AVK business conferences, keynotes and suppliers worskhops
- Attendance to the AVK Awards ceremony and to the JEC Composites Startup Booster competition
- Invitation to the networking reception on October 24th
- All-inclusive food & beverage at coffee and lunch breaks during the two days
- Free subscription to the JEC Composites Magazine
- Copy of the available speakers presentations
Please take notice that the registration to the JEC Forum DACH as a supplier is limited to 50 suppliers, for capacity and floor space reasons as well as to offer the adequate balance of buyers and suppliers.
Registrations are processed by the JEC sales team on a first come/first served basis and according to previous JEC Forum DACH participations.
To ensure a successful conduct of the event and a smooth and efficient operation of the business meetings activities, suppliers must commit to fulfil the online platform information in due time and follow the invitation process of the business meetings with the buyers they have selected.
JEC reserves the right to deny/cancel accreditation to participants who do not follow the event code of conduct, in order to save time for buyers and suppliers in their business meetings activities.
We believe in the power of knowledge and the importance of staying informed about the latest trends and advancements in the composites market. That’s why we present our exceptional program, featuring a variety of captivating events :
1. The AVK Composites Market Report
Gain invaluable insights into the composites market through the comprehensive AVK Composites Market Report. Delve deep into the latest industry trends, growth projections, and market analysis, providing you with a strategic advantage in this ever-evolving field.
Prepare to be inspired and motivated by our distinguished speakers as they share their expertise and vision. Our keynote speeches highlight industry leaders, thought-provoking innovators, and influential figures who have shaped the composites landscape.
3. Workshop Sessions run by Suppliers
Participate in hands-on workshop sessions conducted by the suppliers that will be present on the event. These interactive sessions offer a unique opportunity to explore new technologies and engage in meaningful discussions with experts.
4. The JEC Composites Startup Booster Competition
Witness the excitement of the JEC Composites Startup Booster competition, where groundbreaking startups showcase their cutting-edge innovations. Discover the future of composites as emerging entrepreneurs present their visionary ideas and compete for recognition and support.
5. The AVK Awards Ceremony
Celebrate excellence and innovation at the prestigious AVK Awards Ceremony. Recognizing outstanding achievements in the composites industry, this event honors the visionaries, pioneers, and game-changers who have made remarkable contributions to the field.
Please note that all the details of these programs will be regularly updated on our website. We encourage you to visit our website frequently to stay informed about the latest program updates.
In the meantime, we invite you to explore the programs from our previous edition in 2022, which can be found below. While these programs serve as a reference, please keep in mind that future editions will offer fresh and exciting content, tailored to meet the evolving needs of the composites industry.
Startup Booster is the leading startup competition in the world of Composite & Advanced Materials.
Launched in 2017, Startup Booster has been organized in three different regions (Europe, USA and Asia) and has already fostered the emergence of 900+ innovative projects from 60+ countries, 80 finalists and 28 winners, including Composite Recycling, Arevo, Continuous Composites, FibreCoat, Fortify and Vartega.
Open to entrepreneurs, SMEs, startups and academic spinoffs building innovative composite and advanced materials projects, based in Germany, Austria or Switzerland (DACH).
5 Startups have been selected to participate in JEC FORUM DACH 2023 in Salzburg (Austria), to pitch in front of a jury composed of industry experts and materials investors.
The 5 startups will benefit from:
- A Pitching Session in front of a jury of leading industry experts and materials investors during JEC Forum DACH 2023 (5’ elevator pitch + 3’ Q&A with the jury)
- A booth at JEC Forum DACH 2023 (with 2 registrations included)
- Access to the Business Meetings Program at JEC Forum DACH 2023
- Online Visibility through a dedicated communication plan (website, press release, emailing and social media)
- A preparation webinar for the pitch before the show
- A direct access to the jury members
Out of the 5 finalists, 1 winner will be selected by the jury of the competition.
The winner will be directly qualified for the final of Startup Booster at JEC World 2024 (among the 20 finalists), will be featured in the Startup Village and will pitch in front of the main sponsors of the competition (Airbus, Owens Corning and Mercedes-Benz).
Leading service provider when it comes to carbon reinforced concrete
CARBOCON is an independent service provider in the field of the innovative building material carbon reinforced concrete. We operate in different areas of business, ranging from civil engineering services to introducing new products and processes to the market. In this way, we advocate progress and sustainability in the building industry.
Cost efficient manufacturing of continuous fiber-reinforced thermoplastics!
Our mission is to revolutionize the production of fiber-thermoplastic composites with our new manufacturing process. The goal is to significantly reduce the production costs of continuous fiber-reinforced composites so that the advantages of these materials can be used cost-effectively for our customers.
Sustainable lightweight manufacturing technologies for the 21st century
We are developing the world’s first carbon fiber technology that makes components fully upcyclable. With our Infinite Component platform, we help innovators with the problem of making their carbon fiber components recyclable, as well as to enhance their weight and production cost-efficiency.
High performance materials enabling future technologies
Based on two international patents PlastFormance designs, crafts and distributes injection-molding compounds with unmatched physical properties. The granulate improves the next generation of fuel cells, helps electronics to increase live-time or shields gamma radiation replacing toxic lead. Only PlastFormance compounds combine functionality with processability at high filler contents.
Non-contact, fast and cost-effective NDT. Next generation composite quality assurance
voidsy gmbh, a recent deep-tech startup, is engaged in the development and commercialization of a highly innovative, photothermal tomography system. Based on the technology presented by voidsy, the non-destructive, non-contact and imaging inspection of components can be carried out up to 80% faster and more cost-effective than with previous standard methods.
Center TU Wien (i²c)
International Chemical Investors Group
October 24, 2023: 10am – 6pm
Networking Event: 7pm – 10pm
October 25, 2023: 9.15am – 4.30pm
IMLAUER HOTEL PITTER Salzburg (Rainerstraße 6 – 5020 Salzburg – AUSTRIA)
As the German Federation of Reinforced Plastics, AVK is the professional German association for fibre-reinforced plastics and composites. It represents the interests of manufacturers and processors both in Germany and at the European level.
Its range of services includes specialised workgroups, seminars and conferences as well as the provision of market-specific information (www.avk-tv.de).
In Germany, AVK is one of four support organisations of GKV, the General Association of the Plastics Processing Industry. Within Europe, it is a member of the European umbrella association for composites, EuCIA (European Composites Industry Association).
AVK is a founding member of Composites Germany.
Publisher of the JEC Composites Magazine, the industry’s reference magazine, JEC organizes several events around the world, including JEC World, the leading international exhibition dedicated to composites and their applications, which takes place annually in Paris. JEC media, events and digital channels connect a global community of professionals from the composites industry and beyond, to enable knowledge transfer, create networking opportunities, and highlight innovation.